‘World’s Most Expensive’ Auctions 2016
The best way to see it is through the colors of the soul! The sequence of Diamond Auctions that broke the schemes in 2016!
- 813-carat “The Constellation” rough diamond, sold for $63.3 million.
To mark the opening of the 28th Biennale des Antiquaires, de GRISOGONO is delighted to announce the acquisition of The Constellation, the world’s most expensive rough diamond, at a press conference held in the Grand Palais.
- Oppenheimer Blue diamond, sold for $57,541,779 at Christie’s Geneva in May.
Exemplifying the continued global demand for the highest-quality stones, the Oppenheimer Blue makes history as the most expensive jewel ever sold at auction.The historic Oppenheimer Blue Diamond was up for sale the first – The diamond sold in 25 minutes.
- The Unique Pink diamond, sold for $31,561,200 at Sotheby’s Geneva in May.
- Cullinan Dream diamond, sold for $25.4 million at Christie’s New York in June.
Extracted from the legendary Cullinan mine in South Africa in 2014, the Cullinan Dream is the largest Fancy Intense Blue diamond ever.
- 17.07 carat Fancy Intense pink diamond ring, sold for $20,778,352 at Sotheby’s Geneva in November.
- 14 carat pear-shaped Fancy Vivid pink diamond, renamed ” The Light of Memory”, sold for $18,174,631 at Christie’s Geneva in November.
- Miroir de ‘Amour pear-shaped D colour flawless diamond earrings, sold for $17,613,175 at Christie’s Geneva in November.
Each pear-shaped diamond pendant, weighing approximately 52.55 and 50.47 carats. Signed Boehmer et Bassenge Paris.
- 7.32 carat internally flawless Fancy Vivid blue diamond, sold for $17,112,629 at Sotheby’s Geneva in May.
- Sky Blue diamond, a Fancy Vivid Blue diamond weighing 8.01 carats, sold for $17,074,168 at Sotheby’s Geneva in November.
- 5.03 carat Fancy Vivid Aurora Green diamond, sold for $16,818,981 at Christie’s Hong Kong in May.